Opportunities in key economic industry sectors:
- Office/Corporate Locations – The Lake Houston Area is a natural destination for office-based industries, professional service firms and other similar organizations.
- Logistics/Airport Dependent Companies – This is a strong growth sector for the area due to our close proximity to George Bush Intercontinental Airport. Over 1 million combined square feet of logistics, distribution and warehousing space was added to LHA in 2014.
- International Trade – Capitalize on our location and the fact that the Lake Houston Chamber of Commerce issues nearly the most Certificates of Origin for foreign freight in the country on top of Houston being a leading hub for international trade.
- Healthcare Related Developments – The expansion and development of medical service facilities is a high growth sector due to the more than 37,000 new residents poised to locate in the Lake Houston Area over the next 5 or more years. Two major hospitals (Memorial Hermann NE and Kingwood Medical Center) along with a myriad of emergency, convenient and specialty clinics provide a solid existing healthcare sector to build upon.
- Energy Related Companies – Once again, capitalize on our location in the Houston region and its strong growth in the energy sector as the energy capital of the world.
- Retail/Hotel/Entertainment Developments – The Lake Houston Area demographics give us the opportunity to develop facilities tailored to the surrounding neighborhoods in addition to the emerging tourism sectors of the local and regional economy.
|by NAICAS Codes||BUSINESS||EMPLOYEES|
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing & Hunting||22||0.33%||46||0.06%|
|Transportation & Warehousing||272||4.09%||7,074||9.35%|
|Finance & Insurance||485||7.29%||1,917||2.53%|
|Real Estate, Rental & Leasing||402||6.05%||3,013||3.98%|
|Professional, Scientific & Tech Services||592||8.90%||3,000||3.96%|
|Management of Companies & Enterprises||4||0.06%||9||0.01%|
|Administrative & Support & Waste Management & Remediation Services||244||3.67%||2,724||3.60%|
|Health Care & Social Assistance||764||11.50%||8,607||11.37%|
|Arts, Entertainment & Recreation||123||1.85%||1,296||1.71%|
|Accommodation & Food Services||525||3.2%||6,413||13.76%|
|Other Services (except Public Administration)||1,426||7.9%||4,720||6.6%|
Source: Copyright 2014 Dun & Bradstreet, Inc.